Re: [Chrysler300] rear end housing swap

I have 235x75x15 tires on 15" rally wheels, Lots of room in the wheel wells Elmer

From: Mwl1967@xxxx
To: eltuuri@xxxx, crossram@xxxx, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rwdom@xxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] rear end housing swap
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 19:28:47 EDT

I have a 66 fury 83/4 housing in my 64 300. The fury housing is about an
inch or a little less wider than the 300--

Elmer,
I assume you mean the center to center distance between the
spring perches. Do you recall the overall (flange to flange) measurements ?
I have several 64's and would like to do this swap and have looked at B-body
rears as well as later model C-body rears and cant find one that will leave
the tires where they belong in the wheel wheels. ie: bigger tires will
clear the wheel wells with the stock 1964 rear but would put the tires into
the metal with the wider, later model C-body stuff.

Mike Laiserin