Brake fluid lockup

Regarding the master cylinder that won't let fluid back in. I had a similar problem on a 64 New Yorker Salon once. It turned out that the vent to the top of the master cylinder cap was blocked due to the hold-down bolt being tightened to much. It had flattened the dimpled area around the hole which was also the vent. Each time the brakes were pressed and the fluid was forced out of the cylinder, the air would be drawn into the cylinder but when the pedal was returned, the blocked vent wouldn't let the air back out, and consequently the fluid would not return back to the unit. The problem was easily corrected by taking the cap off the master cylinder and using a punch to "reform" the dimple vent so that when the bolt was tightened, there was still a path for the air to enter/exit the unit. Could be your problem.

David Coston