Name confusion and DC marketing

300 marketing has always been bit strange. Please realize that
the '55 was the "C68-300" to distinguish the performance chassis from
the C68 New Yorker. The name C-300 was result of the Cunningham cars
and other Dreamcars that had carried alpha-numeric designations,
married with horsepower.

The present costernation is amplified by the Daimler-Benz history of
THEIR 300 series of engine displacement cars ranging from Gullwings
to 4-door convertibles, not to mention a whole series of other taxies
and Diesels.

More than once in the past few years I have heard the "great
unwashed" public say, "Oh, look! Someone made up an old 300M.", upon
seeing my 300C ragtops.

Maybe someone at current D-C will find someone in marketing that can
both read and comprehend the history and straighten things out.

L.Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst,IL