Re: [Chrysler300] Master Cylinder Acting Up

Re: [Chrysler300] Master Cylinder Acting Up

Frank,

My knowledge of your brake system is squat (I have a 66/300). I had a
similar problem when I converted to discs a while back. Turned out the
compensating port in my new dual compartment master cylinder was blocked
(which kept pressure in the brake lines). The 66 brake push rod has some
adjustment. Not sure about yours. I fiddled with the length adjustment of
the pushrod until the compensating port was clear. Also a few moons ago I
bought a rebuilt master cylinder that had a faulty residual pressure valve,
which also caused a similar problem.

Jack