RE: [Chrysler300] Yet Another scam!!!!

To all club members:

I would like to add yet another potential scam.

(Sorry, I accidentally sent this out before I added the details.)

I regularly transact business on E$$BAY and USED to use Paypal (which by the way is now owned by E-Bay).  Well recently I received an E-Mail from "someone" which had what looked like an official Paypal logo and a return address of "paysecurity@xxxxxxxxxx" informing me that  "Paypal" was conducting a periodic update of members to check their records on inactive accounts and non functioning mailboxes.  This E-Mail included a form which asked for my e-mail address, password, name, billing address, credit card number, expiration date, and pin number.  I am surprised that they did not also ask for my social security number and my mothers maiden name.

This form was a regular html document and did NOT indicate that it was using any form of encryption technology.

I immediately sent off an E-Mail to Paypal informing them of this E-Mail and giving them the senders E-Mail address.  In searching for scams on the internet, it seems that there have been numerous occurrences of this type of thing recently, with PayPal and other organizations.

Bottom line, if anyone asks for any type of personal information ---DO NOT send them anything.  Immediately contact the real organization, using the normal internet address that you use to enter their site and notify them that you just received such a request.  You might also send an E-Mail to the FBI Internet Fraud Division at http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp.  Check this site out yourself - It looks to be an authentic government site and not yet another scam organization.

The bottom line is to always be cautious and suspicious of anyone EVER asking for ANY information from you.  Sorry if this sounds paranoid, but you can never be too careful these days.

Now to make this post official for the listserver and related to our 300's.  I must mention that I love my 1962 Chrysler 300 "Sport" convertible and the weather is getting very nice for taking it out for a drive.

Be Careful and happy cruising,

John Mc Adams