Re: [Chrysler300] 300k brake valve

In a message dated 4/10/2003 1:26:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
longrams@xxxx writes:

> George;
> Did you replace the master cyl? If you installed a rebuilt/new master,
> they come with a residual valve in the bottom of the cyl. bore. This valve
> MUST be removed. Why?....the remote has a residual valve and with the one
> in
> the cyl, hyd. fluid cannot return to the resivore. Fluid pressure builds up
> untill the brakes lock and the only way to unlock is to bleed off one wheel
> cyl. I learned the hard way on my J years ago.
> George Riehl

Hi, George,

Yes, I did have the master and the booster rebuilt together at Karp's. I
believe the guy said he put the residual valve in the master instead of the
booster, even though Chrysler says to do it the opposite way. The problem is
not the same as yours was, though. The brakes don't remain locked. It seems
that the booster is providing way too much boost. Light pedal pressure will
screech the tires (all 4). With the booster diconnected, the brakes work as
any non-power brakes would work. Could there be something wrong inside the
booster?

Thanks,

George Clineman