300 C rear springs and plan to historic race

300 C rear springs and plan to historic race

Thank you to those who responded re my query re the original number of leaves in 300 Cs. I was going to send shots of the 300s, but the floppy I put them on suddenly won't allow opening them - bugger!

1. two of my cars (both mid April 57 manufacture) were I believe sold new in California, and the other car (Dec '56) was ordered to run on Daytona in '57 - so suggestion that were 'export specification' does not apply as a reason for why all have 6 leaves.
Maybe the Calif cars, by mid '57, had different springs to others? And yet the car (2210) with the harshest rear springs is a 6 leafer, and is one of the California cars last registered in 1973 - maybe its/these (originals) had been replaced to get a stiffer ride - this car had transistor ignition and other post prodn performance mods?

2. Re running 300C at historic circuit meeting. i) Cannot fit disc brakes here and still be eligible for historic rego. ii) so will try the competition linings route, and if backing plates are same as New Yorker, etc, may try the radiused cut and bend out/in slightly route to get air into drums. iii) the 'you would not believe it' dept - ran into this hot looking girl I met 10 years ago (like Zora out of "Joe Millionaire" TV show, and she has asked me to come and visit/stay with her over Easter - she is 1200 miles away from where the race meeting is!!! All my life, cars have often come before women, and this year's new year resolution was to get amongst women more - WHAT DO I DO. why is life so unkind??!! Sure as I book and fly up there, the night before she will meet and shack up with some other (more her age) guy!! And I will miss my race, the chance to put those big spending Healey lovers down! Not mention cost of going there. Will advise further

Aussie Christopher

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones.?Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_messenger.asp