Re: [Chrysler300] Motor rebuild 300F

Hi Paul, That's a big decision to make. I guess its whats in your blood. I have the
engine out of my F right now and trying to make the same decision as you. Your right,
your car will run great and you will probably be happy with it if you just do a modern
rebuild. You can do all those things that the mechanic said . But unless you are racing
your car you will never be able to feel the difference. It will only show up on a time
slip or your speedometer might go 8 MPH faster.
Then you come to guys like me. I have been building H.P. engines all my life and I could
not go to sleep at night if I don't do something to make it little better. Even when I
rebuilt the Slant Six in my daughters Barracuda, I had to rework the head, larger cam
etc. Its just in my blood.
So if you do nothing and we ever meet on the road and get in a race. I will probably
barely beat you. And Thats cause its in my blood Gary Barker