Oiling Question

Putting together a 413 for our '62 300 Sport. The car came with the
383, so the 413 block is from a '64 Imperial Limo.

The oil runs to the top end of the motor through galleys which travel
through the rocker shafts.

I have all new rocker shafts, arms, lifters and pushrods.

The lifters have oil holes on their tops.

The pushrods have oil holes that run though their center shaft.

The rocker arms have oil holes in the dimple, where the pushrod seats.

Today I spun the oil pump to get the oil to the top end of the motor.
And the lifters filled up first, then the oil traveled through the
pushrods, through the rocker arms, which then flowed over the rocker
arms and back down onto the head area.

I don't think the oil is traveling through the shafts and out the shaft
oil holes, though the entire top end is getting oil.

Am I fine?

I think I am, though the oil route doesn't match the route shown in the
1962 shop manual.

The stock brand new pushrods I bought are solid shaft pushrods with a
thinner end on the lower side. If anybody cares to buy these never
installed pushrods, please let me know. They were too long to work with
the performance cam I have in the motor.

Thanks!

Matt Allyn