linkage help - reply

Hi Phil,

Let it snow ? LET IT SNOW ? that's your wish for me ? Jeez - thanks -
spent the whole day shovelling, about 18" of the white stuff, snow drifts
are 4' high. My 4WD had a hard time making it out of my driveway. Then, to
really rub it in, a certain so-called friend from Arizona is e-mailing me
pictures of himself working on his car - outside, in a T-shirt !

The piece you need is available from Gary Goers, part number #452; it's a
white plastic bushing that fits inside the metal bracket held on to
firewall, and thru which the rod fits into. It takes the "slop" out .
Contact Gary at gary@xxxx - only source I know of. Usually,
junkyard cars will have that piece, but it will crack and fall apart if one
tried to remove it due to age and fatigue.

John
sick of winter in Sag Harbor , NY