linkage help

O.K. to all who have replied to my question about the linkage. My 1964
300K
is not a Ram as of yet. it does have a 4 barrel carb. I have the little
nipple for
the linkage to hook up to the carb. but the next question I have is, the
bracket
that is on the transmission that the linkage rod goes through, what
holds the rod
in place?I have all of the linkage peices that I need except the piece
for the
bracket (if it needs a piece).
Oh and by the way....To all of those members on the East Coast...LET IT
SNOW
LET IT SNOW...Greetings from SUNNY and WARM Las Vegas...
Phil