Re: [Chrysler300] Pan gasket - Transmission

Re: [Chrysler300] Pan gasket - Transmission

>I don't know about your 57 but I used a NAPA 1-7957 gasket/filter kit on my
>62. Of course all I needed was a gasket. The kit comes with two types
of
>gaskets and the filter.

NAPA consolidated the 904 and 727; one gasket(2)/filter kit number for
either.

Noted in Fel Pro and Victor Reinz that gasket only is available, '62 up. Fel
Pro shows earlier TF units and Powerflite. There is also a highly
recommended Tuff-Cork gasket in Victor, '62 up. This product has a steel
stiffener. This can be helpful with troublesome leakers. If the trans pan is
super flat on the sealing flanges, both flanges are clean and super dry and
the pan screws are torqued properly and a pan leak persists, this gasket can
help. It does cost more. And, I have had problems getting gasket only
through NAPA using their transmission parts line, so Fel Pro and Victor
lines could be alternate sources.

BTW, most trans people abhor the use of any kind of sealer on trans pans. I
have known Torqueflites to pressurize the case and no gasket will seal it.
Most pan leaks are installer caused. Static pressure (inherent because fluid
level is above pan flange) and time/non driving are leak factors too.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ