Re: [Chrysler300] 300C Hubcap

I've come up missing one of the small center hub "wings" on one of my
'57 hubcaps. I've noticed two different styles of these caps. One
style has the three "wings" actually stamped into the center, and the
other style that I have where the little "wings" have a small stud and
locating pin on them and are held on with a nut.

It seems that ther's the same "oddity" on '57 Imperial wheelcovers !: the '57 Imperial have three different wheelcovers: the "low price" IM1-1 wheelcover which is a one piece hubcap with built-in dome center and 3 die-cast chrome plated "wings". These wings are bolted to the dome.
The "Crown" wheelcover which has a removable (die-cast) dome center with built-in "wings" and the LeBaron wheelcovers, similar to the Crown about center dome. On these 2 hubcaps, the dome is bolted on the wheelcover. You'll see pics of IM1-1 and Crown wheelcovers at http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/enjol57_us.htm

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad