300C Hubcap

Happy New Year everybody! (all y'all) ( I did that in order to get
Wayne Graefen's attention since this is a 300C matter......)

I've come up missing one of the small center hub "wings" on one of my
'57 hubcaps. I've noticed two different styles of these caps. One
style has the three "wings" actually stamped into the center, and the
other style that I have where the little "wings" have a small stud and
locating pin on them and are held on with a nut. I didn't see anything
about this in Wayne's handbook so was wondering if anyone knew the
skinny on this (different suppliers, midyear change, etc.).

So, the long and the short here is that I'm looking for a wing. I'll
buy an antire cap if need be, but all I"m looking for is the wing. The
cap with the missing wing is out of balance enough that at highway
speed, the hubcap actually works itself around in the wheel and will
eventually break the valve stem. (Not fun)....

Soooo, if you've got anything, please reply to me privately
tfm@xxxx

As an aside, a friend of a friend here in Columbus has a very original
'57 Imperial with the same hubcaps but they're painted grey in the
middle instead of red. Was this style hubcap used on anyting else in
'57?

Best Regards,

Thomas F. Miller

tfm@xxxx