Re: [Chrysler300] Ad

Alois,

You sparked a memory for me from a long time ago! When I was a
freshman at the Ohio State University, I drove a '70 Sport Fury GT
(distant cousin to the Hurst 300). I had trouble with the hidden
headlight motor not closing all the way. My local parts guy sold me a
"repair kit" for the nylon gear and the cam that actuates the limit
contacts that keep the doors from opening or closing to far.

Although I don't have any of these parts, I wanted to chime in with
some part numbers for you that might help in your search. The following
is straight from my '70 '71 parts book:

Code 8-34-278 Gear and Gasket Package '70 Chrysler Imperial and Dodge
3420922, Plymouth 3420910

Code 8-34-280 Motor, Rotating Headlamp '70 Chrysler Imperial and Dodge
3431438, Plymouth 3431437

I'm not sure why Plymouth is different from Chrysler, Imperial and
Dodge, but that's what the parts book reports.

Back then, in my case the little cam had worn enough that the motor
would continue to operate after the doors were all the way open. This
caused excessive wear on the nylon gear that opens and closes the
headlights. The motor itself was OK, just the fact the the worm gear
coming out of the motor had damaged the nylon gear that opens and closes
the headlights.

I hope this helps!

BTW, I no longer have this car, but would love to find another one.
Any leads from the group on '70 or '71 Sport Fury GTs or S-23s would be
appreciated. Thanks everybody and Merry Christmas from our home to
yours!

Best Regards,
>>> Alois Breitenberger <abreitenberger@xxxx> 12/25/02 12:52PM

Please place this ad on the your Chry300 server:

Parts wanted for 70 Chry 300:
for the hidden headlight opener motor: teflon gear with stamped part no
ETN 143. Is that gear still available, if not looking for complete
motor?

Thank you
Best regards
Al Breitenberger