Re: [Chrysler300] Lifts Again

<Why not talk to the garage people and see what they did to install this
lift? I think you'll find they just drilled holes in the existing concrete
and inserted expansion plugs and bolted it down.
Ray Jones>

Sherwood, I agree with Ray. I think what you are talking about with concrete piers is really overkill. When I purchased my lift, I looked at a couple installed in car dealerships. They were just positioned where needed and bolted down. If you do an analysis of the footprint of each column and calculate maximum load (mine is 7000#) that is only 3500# per column. My mounting pads have a floor contact area of 316 square inches per column. 3500# / 316=11.07 #s/square inch. 11lbs per square inch is not much load on pretty much any slab.

If you are pouring a new slab and want to make it a bit thicker at the installation point, fine. This may also help avert settling cracks that typically happen in new slabs after a few years. Making it two feet thick, however, is just not necessary.

Bob J