Rocking 300 emblem

Regarding installation of the new Club grille medallions -- I recently
installed a 62. I expect the 60 and 61 are the same.

Where the medallion sits in the grille housing, I noticed there is a bump at
12:00 in the housing. I noticed the original medallion had a recess at 12:00
. With the bump and the recess, it was easy for Chrysler to assemble the
original medallion aligned in the housing.

The new medallions don't have the recess and if you try to install the new
medallion, it will rock on the 12:00 housing bump. You don't want to grind a
recess into the back side of the new medallions because this will remove the
paint and leave a scar visible on the other surface.
To solve this problem, I took a file, removed the housing bump and the new
medallion lays flat. Since the medallion can now be installed at any angle,
I found it helpful to install the horizontal grille bars to give a reference
line. Between the bars, a straight edge ruler, and the lines within the
medallion, you can get the medallion alignment darn near perfect.
I used RTV as an adhesive. RTV dries slowly which allowed time to check &
adjust, double check & adjust, and triple check the angular orientation of
the new medallion in the housing. By the way, it appears the original
adhesive was an epoxy which was generously applied such that it ran out one
or more of the four holes in the back of the housing.

If I remember, I'll post photos of specific details. It will be another
example how a 15 minute job takes me 2 hours......but dang it looks good.

RRRrrrobert