Re: [Chrysler300] Re: AM/FM radio in '64

Re: [Chrysler300] Re: AM/FM radio in '64

Jim and All:
Jim, your beautiful 300K convert came equipped from the factory with the code
363 AM-FM radio option. (We checked that out prior to concours!)

For general information, the AM-FM availability was a mid-year introduction
in the 1963 model year. A Chrysler letter to dealers dated 12-10-62 states
that effective with January 1963 production an AM-FM radio (code 366), an
AM-FM radio with rear seat speaker (code 367), and a rear seat speaker with
reverberator unit (code 616), would be available as optional equipment on
Chrysler cars. At that time only the reverberator, of the above options, was
also available on Imperial. AM-FM was not. 300ly, Gil