1964 K radio, and exhaust systems

Hi.. answering both Mike and Roger...

Mike, I have had a few radios converted from stock AM to high-power AM-FM
by
Antique Automobile Radio, 700 Tampa Rd., Palm Harbor, FL., 34683. (800)
933-4926, Fax (727) 789-0283. ; very satisfied with their service. I would
just add that, in the case of the 1964, an AM-FM radio was available, and if
one could be found cheap, working or not, it would make a better candidate
for switchover than the stock AM, as it would have the FM dial...

Roger, on exhaust systems: Kepich has a terrible reputation - pipes that
don't fit, and no effort on behalf of the company to make things right when
that happens. I have heard many sad tales to that effect. Unless someone
else on this list knows somehting I don't about another source for these
pipes, best way to go is to find a good muffler shop, and have the pipes
fabricated on the car. My local Meineke has a very good manager, who does
the custom work himself, knows how to use a pipe bender, and takes pride in
his work. The average cost of a custom exhaust system, identical to stock,
from downpipes back on a ram car, or from exhaust manifold back on a regular
car, has been $300 - $350 bucks out the door. THis is the way to go, I
think..

John