Putting a suregrip in a 62

Hi All,

I'd like to put a suregrip in my 62 300 sport.
Now I know that the suregrip for the 62 uses different
size axles, so I'm looking for the best way to go about
this.

One thing I have available to me is a 68 Plymouth GTX
complete rear end (non suregrip). The width between the
drums is the same as on my 300. Of course the spring
mounts are in a different location, I can cut them off
and reweld them. I don't know if this is a brake upgrade,
but what good is a brake upgrade on the rear of the car
anyway. Does anybody know if I'm going to have a problem
with this, or is it worth the time, there being easier
options.

Another option available is to buy a new unit from Auburn
Gear. Their listing goes back to 57, but I have no idea if
I'm going to have to switch my axles. The price may be a
little more than a good used unit, but it's new and guaranteed.
Has anybody used one of these? Are they any good?

Now I could put a 62 suregrip in, but I think it may be hard
to find one. I'm not sure about this.

Thanks All
Sean Duggan
Los Angeles