'65 engine detail.

Hi all,

I'm in the process of finishing the final assembly of my engine for my '65 300 and had a couple questions regarding paint as unfortunately the prior owner had 'detailed' the engine and ruined my chances of varifying how and what was installed on the engine prior to the factory applying paint.

Were the exhaust manifolds installed prior to painting an engine in 1965? If so, were they covered in paint or just painted mostly on the top?

Were the carb linkage brackets installed and painted engine color?

Were the water temp and oil pres. sending units installed prior to paint?

If anyone has a picture of what an original 1965 engine should look like please forward it to me, it would be a great help.

Have a great day 300 fans! Ryan Hill