300 Club Fall Meet

Hi All;
I'm including a e-mail I received about this fall's meet which may be of
interest to all, and my answer:

" Sounds great Ray! I'm TRYING to get on the stick myself. I just
emailed Gloria and told her I'll cut the check and registration this
weekend!

Had a question on Concourse judging though. My C coupe was a
Frame-Off almost 3 years ago but has been driven about 8-9K miles since and
some things are showing wear and tear again, can I still enter mine in
concourse to see what I need to fix/correct to get here BACK to true
concourse?!- Or is this strict judging merely for the trailer-queen
BEAUTIES?

Any insight you give would help- don't want to embarass myself! "

The cutoff date for reservations at the hotel WAS Aug 12th! Please get them
in.

The answer to his question on concours is: by all means have it judged. It
provides a benchmark for the condition of your car. It might surprise you.
If your enjoyment is pampering your beauty and trailering her to the meets
for judging and having everything perfect, do it. If you enjoy driving your
prize pet, do it. Whichever level you choose to enjoy the hobby, there is no
shame in the results. You know going in that it may show wear ond tear, so
expect to have the points reflect that.

Now here's the secret: YOU asked to have it judged! SO, YOU ARE going to get
told what that set of judges found less than perfect.
Dudley Finneyfrock preached long ago: Say THANK YOU and go home and after a
week or so (and losing the emotions), get out the judging sheet. Look at the
item and at the point loss, and see if you agree, if not ignore it and move
on. If you see what the judges saw, fix it or note it for later and move to
the next item. This will improve your baby, and the judges don't have to
hear about it, they are VOLUNTEERS doing what you asked of them! Be nice.

Especially if it is a new car for you, have it judged. That'll tell you
where to best spend your time to create a outstanding "Brute"

See you ALL in Nashville, (keep those registrations coming in, folks!),
Ray Jones