Re: [Chrysler300] Header Paint

Hi George, I have been using POR for many years. All you have to do on normal metal is
brush off the loose rust and apply the paint. Believe me when you use it on anything but
exhaust manifolds it will never come off or rust again. Moisture makes it harder. I did
not clean the lid of the can good enough one time, And the lid would never come off. I
had to cut the can open. I have used it to apply molding clips that are broken when you
can't find a replacement. I painted the exhaust manifolds on my 63 10 years ago with
out sand blasting and it is a daily driver. It is just now getting to the point they
need repainting. I believe sand blasting would extend the life time. But you have to
remember POR is a paint and with the manifolds getting so hot and then cold over the
years. Almost any coating will give up its cover .

Gary Barker