Re: [Chrysler300] Lefty on the List......Can we "shun" a Club Member?

Re: [Chrysler300] Lefty on the List......Can we "shun" a Club Member?

Well, I drove the F that night and the limiting factor is it does not have a
Sure-Grip rear axle. The right rear tire went up in smoke at the line and a
good 60 feet down the track. This has a large bearing on performance. I have
a Ram K being restored and the engine is being hopped up with a stronger cam.
Maybe when it is done next year, we can go to Sears Point and claim the race.
I ran my '74 Duster with a 440 in it at Sears Point this Saturday and won
three races. From about 70 cars to down to six in the fourth round and I red
lit. The car ran consistant 10.60's and low 10.70's at 128 miles an hour.
Quite a bit of wind in the face. I don't think the Camaro can handle the
Duster. I sure enjoyed meeting Larry and Rob Jett, nice people and love to
have fun. It was very generous of Larry to let me drive the car as who knows
what can happen mechanically to a car. I would feel terrible blowing an
engine or a transmission. I would feel obligated to pay for it, of course,
but still some parts are hard to find. That did not cause me to let up on the
throttle though. I managed to win the first round of the later competition in
street class. The guy next to me was agape at looking what was up against him
and he lost by 12 cars lengths. Larry ran next but red lit by only a couple
thousandths, he still has the hot reaction times!!! Thanks again Larry for
the good time. Quentin Smith