Re: [Chrysler300] harmonic balancer rebuild

George and Rose wrote:

> Hi all,
> On the subject of rebuilding harmonic balancers, I have got to tell you being off a couple of degrees on timing is not your primary concern. I have had the rings come loose on two occasions, both were 392 engines, luckily I wasn't to far from home either time.
> Regards,
> George Cann

And it makes a HUGE racket when you are driving and that happens.

I stoped at a repair place nad had to have it removed before
I got home from a trip once because of just this.

Once you get your "new" damper, I suggest you mark the front
of it with a mark (I used a white paint line) on the hub AND
the ring part. That way you can see when it starts to slip.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6