Re: [Chrysler300] Carburetor

Hi Rickard and members:

I called my friends at Mikuni Carburetors on this problem this morning since
they supply carburetors for many uses, including marine, which are subject to
corrosion. Their response to me was that they recommend cleaning with a
solvent, such as MetalPrep. This type of solvent contains a high percentage
of phospheric acid.

Beware!!! I at first thought about AlumiPrep but another source recommended
NOT using AlumiPrep on cast aluminum so that shot down another idea of mine.
I included this paragraph so one of you do not make a mistake and use it.

Another less expensive method may be to use something we consume quite often
... Coca Cola. It has a rather high percentage of phospheric acid also so I
would not let the carb soak in it too long. I just received a flyer from a
local auto repair shop and it contained some interesting things about coke.
It will:

1. Dissolve a steak in 2 days.
2. Dissolve an nail in 4 days.
3. Clean the corrosion from battery terminals.
4. Remove rust from chrome car bumpers.
5. Loosen rusted bolts by applying a cloth soaked in coke for several
minutes.
6. Clean grease from your clothes by emptying a can into the washer with
your normal detergent.
7. Clean road haze from windshields.

So each of us can make use of coke in our 300 garages.

Good luck.

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA