Drivetrain vibration

Hi all,

Tapping the vast resource of club knowledge again.
Can't thank everybody enough for all you've imparted
on me so far.

Today's question is drivetrain vibration.

Specifically, several years back I had the drivers
side rear axle replaced on my '66 300, and from the
day I drove it away from the shop, I've had vibration
and a little hum back there. In the intervening years,
the seal has leaked, I've pulled the axle and had some
scarring sanded out of it, and then reinstalled it.

The seal's not leaking now. But the vibration is
noticably worse (most noticable for some reason when
I'm doing between 30 and 40 mph). My question is,
could they have installed an axle that was close to
the original but not exactly the same, that would have
functioned but caused vibration? Is that a common
miscue others have encountered?

And if so, does anyone have a driver's side rear axle
that is the right spec for sale?

Again, thanks so much for the help.

Jonathan