Re: [Chrysler300] FW: Chrysler carb question

Re: [Chrysler300] FW: Chrysler carb question

For those who also might have a Thermoquad carb on their engine too,
I'll post this reply through the listserver. I hope you don't mind.

The Thermoquad has long primary jets that go all the way to the bottom
of the carb.
There they are sealed with small rubber/nylon (?) O-rings to the basse
of the phenolic-housing.
Chances are that those are worn or flattened and are leaking fuel past
them.
>From the Moparts BulletinBoard I know someone who might have replacement
O-rings for this.
Here is his Website:
http://www.geocities.com/thermoquads/index.htm

Also a thermoquad has "glued on" little wells at the underside of the
phenolic casting.
These can get loose after 30+ years and need to be "re-glued".
I believe JB-weld could be used for this if this was the case.

Best regards,
Herman Meiners
The Netherlands
http://drive.to/chrysler