Re: Torqueflite Question

In a message dated 03/22/2002 7:13:29 AM Mountain Standard Time,
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Don V.

Are you possibly thinking of foot pounds when you say 72 inch pounds is way
more than finger tight?
I rebuild Torque Flites and have used a inch pound torque wrench on bands.
It is not much pressure. When adjusting a band all you are doing when tighten
is taking out the slack. Then when you back off the 2 5/8 turns,( or
whatever is
prescribed for a particular model) provides the proper free play when the
band is
disengaged from the clutch retainer hub.
I would certainly agree if you have a INCH pound torque wrench, buy all
means use it.

My 2 cents.

Gary

I think you're reasoning is a bit flawed. 72 inch pounds is certainly WAY,
WAY more than finger tight. 288 pounds at the circumference of a 1/2" bolt,
to be exact. Only possible with bionic fingers.

John Roth