Re: [Chrysler300] 300E mirror

" Robert L. Merritt" wrote:

> Paulholm
> Another thought on your question about dealer installed or customer
> choice as to door or fender location.
> In reviewing pictures in the March, 1991 issue of Consumer Guide
> "Cars of the 60s" Collector's Edition all 300s thru 1964 show fender
> mount as do DeSotos 1960 and 1961 In the Dodge section, it appears
> that all with remote controlled mirrors are fender mounted and fixed
> mirrors which are hand adjusted are mounted on the door.
> This same book also shows several Chrysler and Dodge cars with no
> outside mirror so maybe that was the standard option and the other
> options could be either factory or dealer installed?
> Now that we have thoroughly confused the issue, does anyone else
> have information?
> Robert L.

I remember somewhere, (and the brain can not dredge up the source
at this time) that some cars were shipped to the dealer with
the mirrors and antennas in the trunk and were then dealer installed.
Now the holes might have already been there, That I do not know.

I do strongly remember when my mother (who was working in the
regional district offices of Buick at that time, 1957) had to
make a special trip to the dealer when they were about ready to
deliver her a brand new black on black Roadmaster convertible
so that she could chose the outside mirror and the antenna locations.

The memory is strong because I remember the grousing and grumbling
she did on the return trip home because she thought that trip was to
take her first NEW car home and was all geared up to bask in the
glory of that beautiful car and was then told she would have to wait
another day while they installed the items and finished up with all
the dealer prep.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6