Hard Starting Wedge!

Suggestions are welcomed:

Only when cold is our '62 413 difficult to fire. We park this car
angled up in our driveway and lately it requires a lot to get it to
fire. We often roll down the driveway, so the car is flat in the street
in order for it to fire. Our theory is that the fuel pump can't pump
the fuel up to the carburetor when parked at the angle.

Do carburetor floats change their levels on their own? It seems as
though once the carburetor gets fuel the car fires no problem.

Thanks,
Matt Allyn