"F" New motor with uneven compression

Hi group,
I've been running my rebuilt motor on the assembled front sub-frame
since last June. It probably has 5-6 hours on it. It idles down nicely and
runs smooth with the transmissoin in drive and the brake locked and I am
pleased with it except for what I perceived to be excessive blowby. I
decided to check the compression and found it to be generally low and very
uneven, running from 35 to 95. Adding oil to the cylinders brought all up to
100 or so. (I'm at 6300' msl so all readings will be much lower than at sea
level.) Then I did a leakdown test which showed the valves to be sealing and
all leakage to be past the rings.
I assembled the pistons/rings just like I always have, checking end gap, side
clearance, and staggered around the piston. I realize this engine is not
broken in and has never been run under a load but am concerned nonetheless.
I've never run a new engine this way, just always put it in the car and drove
it easily for the first 1000 and they always worked great. Being so uneven
is what bothers me. What to do? I'm tempted to tear it down. Or am I
jumping the gun?

John