Heat Riser debate

I have to add my 2 cents worth here. Imagine buying a new 2002 300 M and the computer does not make adjustments in fuel delivery for a cold engine start / run situation- It stalls, bucks and snorts until the engine warms up at least part way- A instantly mad consumer who could sue the pants off of the dealer, D-C and anyone else he can think of. I have owned over 300 Chrysler Products ranging in years from 1959 to 1998. I have had many that were "COLD BLOODED" and it usually came from choke /pull-off adjustments being required, plugged exhaust cross over passages, and many times seized up, damaged, removed etc. heat risers! In the great white north, Rocky Mountain west, Rainy Seattle, Windy Chicago, New England if you want to drive your car anytime but the 4th of July you need the heat riser functioning correctly. Plugs foul out from too rich mixture too long, drivability sucks and engine life suffers. Leave it working, maintain it, repair/replace it but leave it as the engineers designed it . Unless you are racing a fully prepared race engine where you really don't need one it is a needed item!
Joe Pierce 300 K and 64 Chrysler fanatic..