early hemi oil gallery sleeve(s)

The 1954 DeSoto 276 hemi that is in my C300 clone - but I presume is very similar in design to my other C300 with the "real" 331 in it - has two oil galleries (holes) in the front either side of the much larger camshaft gallery.

One of these galleries had a funky looking rubber type sleeve in it - and the other didn't. The shop manual makes no mention of this curious part(s).

Question is, are there supposed to be two of these - the other having deteriorated and ended up in the oil pan ??? Or is it a metter of there being an in and out gallery and only the "in" gallery takes this sleeve...?

Also, who would you recommend for getting a good set of .030 pistons for this engine ?

Sean.