300C Authenticity

I wondered if you C fans could tell me how to verify the authenticity of a 300C convertible at a glance? Is there a certain VIN / ID tag code particular to the C?
The car has no front clip, no motor, no dash and no trim, so it is somewhat suspect. I'll be looking at the car over this week and wondered how to tell for sure.

Thanks
& have a peaceful holiday.
Mike V