From: Paul Martin <Paul_Martin78@xxxx>
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Galen Govier
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:41:52 -0800 (PST)

I used Mr Goviers services in 1999 when I bought a 68 Dodge Charger. I paid
$50 for him to decode the body plate and didn't discover anything I didn't
already know. The document I got in return was stamped with an "official"
stamp that persumably makes my one of 17,000 Dodge worth more.
I spent .50 cents on a stamp last year and sent Gil Cunningham a letter
requesting similar info on my 300F. I got back more than I bargained for
along with a nice letter from a man who doesn't pretend to have now magicly
increased the value of my car by being exposed to its roots. Thanks Gil.
I detest reading Hemmings and other ads that Read "Galen Govier Certified".
Is that like an ISO9000 certification in the mopar side of the car hobby.
I read Govier's column in High performance Mopar for a laugh to find out how
many 318 3 speed column shift 67 Fury III 2 dr hardtop with vinyl interiors
were sold without air conditioning in Florida.
Govier admitted he knows little about pre 62 cars and less about "C" body.
In a recent article he stated he did not know ifthere were any "c" body 4
speeds prior to 62. Only 9 very famous ones Mr Govier.

I feel better now.
Paul Martin
Certified Car Nut

Send a friend your Buddy Card and stay in contact always with Excite Messenger
http://messenger.excite.com