Chrysler Announces Something Special; Chrysler to Build Limited R un of

Chrysler Announces Something Special; Chrysler to Build Limited R un of 300M Specials

Monday October 29, 10:53 am Eastern Time

Press Release

SOURCE: Chrysler Group

Chrysler Announces Something Special; Chrysler to Build Limited Run of 300M
Specials

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Oct. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Looking for something special?
In the tradition of classic special edition Chrysler 300s, Chrysler will
build a limited run of its new 2002 300M Special starting November 5. A
total of 8,500 Chrysler 300M Specials will be built, with a manufacturer's
suggested retail price (MSRP) of $32,595, which includes $655 for
destination.

``In 1960, we introduced a limited run of 300F Specials built off of our
300F letter series car,'' said Tom Marinelli, Vice President, Chrysler/Jeep®
Global Brand Center. ``We're continuing our proud heritage with the
introduction of our 2002 Chrysler 300M Special. For just over $32,000, you
can have that something special in your garage.''

Similar to European ``tuners,'' Chrysler 300M Special features ground
effects that surround the vehicle's lower body while ride height is lowered
one-half inch. The car has a more assertive stance and even lower
aerodynamic drag than the stock Chrysler 300M.

Chrysler 300M Special's aerodynamic refinements are complemented with large
18-inch wheels and P245/45ZR18 uni-directional Michelin Pilot performance
tires which improve handling. Additional features include a unique, higher
performance brake system, a performance-tuned suspension, firm strut
damping, tall rear jounce bumpers, and 17:1 ratio firm-feel steering gear
which enhances on-center response characteristics.

The Chrysler 300M Special produces 255 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 258 ft.-
lb. of torque at 3900 rpm, making it the most powerful version of the
company's 3.5-liter SOHC V-6 engine. Chrysler 300M Special also features
twin exhaust pipes integrated into the lower rear fascia, performance-tuned
AutoStick® with a 3.89 overall top gear ratio, a 150-mph speedometer and
Chrysler 300M Special badging. Headlamps are high intensity discharge (HID)
which are 2.5 times brighter than standard halogen lamps.

Inside Chrysler 300M Special, the instrument panel and doors have a carbon
fiber appearance for a sporty yet contemporary feel. Special door sill
plates are brushed aluminum. Unique leather ``waterfall style'' seats are
available in a monochromatic Deep Slate Gray or a Light Taupe/Deep Slate
interior two-tone. Exterior color choices on the 300M Special are Black,
Deep Sapphire Blue and Bright Silver. All three colors are paired with a
lower exterior color of Neutral Gray Metallic for the lower sills.

Additional standard features on the 2002 Chrysler 300M Special include a
tire pressure monitoring system, Electronic Brake Distribution to the ABS
system, the child seat ``LATCH'' system, and a top of the line 360-watt
Infinity II 11-speaker spatial imaging sound system with in-dash four disc
compact disc (CD) changer.

More than 3,000 Chrysler 300Ms are produced every month. The Chrysler 300M
Special is produced at DaimlerChrysler's Brampton, Ontario assembly plant
alongside the 2002 Chrysler Concorde and Dodge Intrepid.

SOURCE: Chrysler Group