Anyone a clock repairman?

Hey everybody,

As autum comes around quickly now up here in the north(Scandinavia) I
started to dig into the long, long list of what to do until the driving
season returns(6 months of driving and equal in the garage up here!?. Which
is the most fun and which will tear the most on your economy?).
Anyway, back to all those details. The clock never did work in my car
since I bought it and I find it rather anoying. Better get to it. Checked
the cable for power (which isn´t that obvious when former owners of old cars
often made some "contributions" along the way), but sorry it wasn´t that
simple.
Took the clock out and wired it direct to power with the same lousy result,
it just wouldn´t "tick". Dis assembled the whole thing and cleaned it
from a lot of dust and particals(sand). Added some oil and made a little
"bending here and there".
Then put it together again and then wired to power. And look what happened;
Clock started immy but like a young horse out for the very first time it
went crazy. Clock is moving more than twice the accurate speed! Sorry for
taking up so much of the listserver space because here is the actual
question (seemed a bit naked just to put this one out for you):

How can one adjust the clock speed? (300-C). Maybe I overdid some of my
"bending here and there", but I think it can be again reversed.

rgds
Ulf Larsson (Big black brute, Sweden)