Fw: Oh no! Whats happened !

----- Original Message -----
From: Owen & Jo Grigg
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 6:27 PM
Subject: Oh no! Whats happened !

Hi all
I just got my front brake drums for my '57 C back from getting coated in high temp semi black. Previously they had been lightly machined (very little taken off to clean them up) and the shoes arced to the drums etc. Now I go to install my wheel bearing cones, and they just about push in by hand and rattle around like false teeth in the housing when fully installed, both inner and outer on the one side and outer on the other! Tried other cones to make sure, it's definitely the drums. Checked thoroughly for any visible cracks
Could they have distorted the drums,heating or cooling them down when putting on this high temp coating.......please, please, please tell me this hasn't happened, they were perfect drums :-(

Owen