300K- The Forgotten Letter Car?

I have been a club member since 1983 when I finally managed to buy a letter car. Since that time I have watched as the club has gone with quite a few projects- all seem to be for the earlier letter cars, 62 H seems to be the cut-off year. I realize some consider the K to be a weak sister in comparison to the earlier cars due to Chrysler making many standard equipment items options on the K as a way to boost sales- which they did. But with the larger numbers of the K why is it and its owners ignored in the projects for reproduction parts projects? A few items come to mind- The chrome trim between the tail lights, sill plates and wheel cover centers. Even with the availability of parts from non-letter 300's , New Yorker etc. these parts sources are rapidly drying up, as even these cars are now 37 years young. Even here in Montana where there are yards that don't crush the older cars the parts are drying up.
I have not been able to attend a meet due to a number of factors, Finances being the primary difficulty. I have finally got the K HT Painted, Bumpers re-chromed etc. Next up is replacing the leather and carpeting. All this is done on a slim budget that comes from working in Law Enforcement- A career I love but you will never get rich doing it! One of our goals is to drive our K to a national meet, to see in the flesh(Sheet metal) the letter cars you just don't see any other way, to meet so many people in the club that I feel I know but have never met and Learn alot about the cars.
Anyone out there care to tackle this question/ comment?

Joe Pierce jkrestor300@xxxx