response to response

Hi Jim,

Considering your driving habits, V-rated tires and disc brakes might be the
only way to keep both you and the car alive... Dan Reitz will no doubt fill
you in on whatever details of the conversion to discs he performed on his
300F. I drove his car recently and the improvement over the stock drum
brakes was awesome. Since then, Dan's upgraded his 300F to a dual master
cylinder setup - see the new article in the Tech section of the Web site.

Within this Club, there's "show cars" and "drivers" and everything in
between. A very few of us still like to have fun with our 300's, by driving
them fast and hard. I tend to fall in this category, and like to upgrade my
cars so that they'll be safe at high speeds . Better for me, the car, and
even others on the public highways.

You might want to check out AAJ's bolt-on disc brake conversion . Contact
Roger Thomason at aajbrakes@xxxx ; he used to have a Web site but I
just tried it to no avail. I do believe Matt and Jennie Allyn have installed
an AAJ setup on their 62 wagon with good results.

Now - can we have the "macthehammer" story ? One finger at a time OK...

John