heat riser - response

Hi John Roth,

Looking at your 2nd e-mail on heat riser for 300F, it might appear you did
not receive my response to your first query? Here it is again just in
case..
John Hertog

Oh, yeah, those things ARE confusing, even after having done a few ! No,
valve plate is smaller than bore.
When cold, the spring tension should make the asbestos cushion hit against
the stop. . Basically, if properly assembled, when tested in oven, they
should work the way intended . When on the car, both counterweights rotate
FORWARD .

Check out some pictures of 300F exh. man's reassembly at lower portion of
page, http://www.crossrams.com/van300f/seven.html
That should help you some. Especially
http://www.crossrams.com/van300f/0105exman6.JPG

John