Re: [Chrysler300] Trans Leak

Don't know the solution to your problem but our '79 300 does the same
thing.  We haven't replaced the seal.  We find it even makes a difference
what the temperature is out side, if the temperature has changed recently,
or whether the car is parked on level ground.  We thought it was just
because as far as we know the trans has never been rebuilt and the car has
about 140,000 miles on it.  Other than that the trans works great.  Been
leaking off and on like that for years.  When you find the solution I would
be interested in knowing it.

Regards,

Nancy Kramer
Webmaster http://www.americandreamcars.com
Free Color Picture Ads for Collector Cars
One of the Ten Best Places To Buy or Sell a Collector Car on the Web

At 11:56 AM 11/25/2004, Ray Menzel wrote:

>Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
>
>I have a leak from the transmission on a G that I would like some input from
>the experts on.  When you run the car daily there is no fluid loss. If you
>park it, after three days fluid is seen on the floor. Left still for a week
>it will drain a little over two quarts of ATF out. It is oozing from the
>seal around the throttle pressure control lever. We have put it up on a lift
>where you can see very well. We have cleaned the trans surface completly,
>Filled it to the proper level and left it up on the lift. The fluid will
>migrate past the seal between two and three days later. I removed the
>valvebody and checked the seal area and replaced the seal. Same problem.
>
>Any ideas????   Thanks Ray Menzel in Michigan
>
>P.S. we drained the converter and added 11 quarts to verify the dipstik is
>the correct length.  RWM

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to
>http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm