Re: [Chrysler300] Shiny windshield wipers awry

Re: [Chrysler300] Shiny windshield wipers awry

Hi;

>I pull into the gas station to get gas and set the parking brake and I
>turn the wiper switch to off and brush the back of my hand against the
>emergency brake handle and receive a shock. Also I can't turn the wiper
>off.

I had the same thing 2 years ago ... It was a rainy day, so i used the
wipers very often. After 1 or 2 hours, they went out ! I stopped (it was
lunch time..). The afternoon, less rain but  i had to use the wipers
again. They worked !! No problem until the evening (but no rain ..)
Next day, rain ! The wipers worked but after while stopped again  (with
some "click click" under the dash: circuit breaker ?) ! I try to jiggle
the wiper switch button but i got an electrical shock (my other hand was
on , i can't remember, but it was metallic )... so i used a rag. After a
while they worked again and if i try to turn the button, no shock. 1
hours later they went out and never worked again.  But i got other
elctrical shocks if i touched the button and another metallic thing
As the rain was harder and harder i bought a special product (Rain X)
and came home (400 miles !!)
Some days later i found what happened: please note that all linkage was
ok, motor also etc..
On my car ther's a special feature: automatic action of the wiper when
you push the windshield washer pedal. So the wiring of the wiper motor
goes through a switch in this pedal. And the ground of the wiper motor
goes through this switch ! Ther's a spring in the pedal which closed the
switch (and grounded the motor) when you don't push it. Spring was
weaked so the wiper motor wasn't grounded. The switch axle (and button)
was perhaps insulated but contacted one of the motor wire inside. So the
motor "grounded" through me....

Her's my 2002 "report" about this curious thing:

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f