           From: "Don Verity" <d.verity@xxxxxxx>
      2. Steering Wheel Restoration - reply
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. 2005 Chrysler 300 (Not 300C)
           From: "ken boyd" <Kenrand65@xxxxxxx>
      4. RE: 2005 Chrysler 300 (Not 300C)
           From: "Louis M. Barrie" <lmbarrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Parts, Parts,Parts for sale:  reply
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Chrysler 300 C (New Version)
           From: quentsmith@xxxxxxx
      7. Re: Gasket sets
           From: Gary Barker <gbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 10:04:46 -0800
   From: "Don Verity" <d.verity@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Charles Holmberg  300 stuff

Hi Charles,

  I got my last set of dual points from Carquest. The # is AL 5677XP2, with the condenser # AL118X. They are re-boxed blue streaks in Carquest packaging. I've also had good luck with  Borg Warner brand, but I don't have a number for them.
  The shafts are not available to my knowledge, but bushings are. John Hertog has those part #s. I have not had a distributer yet that needed bushings though. The New Yorkers and Imperial would be single point distributer engines. The big problem with them is dwell variation when the vacuum advance is applied. I've seen as much as 4 degrees at the distributer (8 at the crank) in really bad ones. This advances the spark to much at part throttle and causes pinging. The causes I've found so far are the point plate itself, and to much shaft play between the dist cam and the shaft. The best fix, unless you have a lot of spare distributers to play with is dual points or electronic ignition.
  There are no real special tools required, you will need a suitable drift to take the roll pin out of the shaft (be careful with the plastic collars, and mark their position on the shaft), and a pair of small snap ring pliers to remove the wire retainer that holds the distributer cam to the shaft. It can be a real challenge to get out sometimes, but patience usually pays off. There is a small felt piece on top of this ring that is designed to be oiled, to lubricate the shaft. The same thing, only larger is used in starter end plates if yours is missing. I hope this all helps. I'm CCing the listserver also as this info can help others also.
300ly,
    Don in RI