
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying or selling a car.
FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/8LmulB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For list server instructions, go to
http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 5 messages in this issue.
Topics in this digest:
1. Parts car question
From: "my69300" <tubman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2. eBay item 2441732644 (Ends Nov-13-03 163635 PST) - NOS MOPAR CHRY
SLER HORN! SPA
From: ivan.regos@xxxxxxxxxx
3. Gold paint for 57 dash instruments and knobs
From: MVSmucker@xxxxxxx
4. RE: Gold paint for 57 dash instruments and knobs
From: "George McKovich" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
5. tach cable now available !
From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________
Message: 1
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 18:56:49 -0000
From: "my69300" <tubman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Parts car question
I found a parts car and I have a couple ?s
First I have a convertable and the parts car is a hard top
and I am interested in the glass.I don't know if the glass is
interchangeable. The other thing I was wandering was if interior
pieces would fit like door panels.I guess I forgot about the most
important thing --- it's a 69 300 hard top .
Also does anyone live around Cecil Wisconsin that could be my eyes
I would be glad to pay for your time.
Please contact me privately. My eail is tubman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________
Message: 2
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:58:28 +0100
From: ivan.regos@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: eBay item 2441732644 (Ends Nov-13-03 163635 PST) - NOS MOPAR CHRY
SLER HORN! SPA
Hi All.
Have seen this on E-Bay.
Can someone tell me if these fits my
300 Sport 1962?
Sincerely Ivan from Sweden...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2441732644&c
at
egory=10076
<<eBay item 2441732644 (Ends Nov-13-03 163635 PST) - NOS MOPAR CHRYSLER
HORN! SPARTON 56 57 58 59.url>>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________
Message: 3
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 21:37:20 EST
From: MVSmucker@xxxxxxx
Subject: Gold paint for 57 dash instruments and knobs
I am trying to clean up the instrument pods on my '57. In the center of
the
speedometer and other guages is a "cup" that was painted with some sort of
a
gold colored translucent lacquer. Mine is very faded, but I assume it was
to
match the gold lacquered knobs on the parking brake handle, light knobs,
etc.
Is there something one can use to get that look, or reasonably close to
it?
Thanks
Mark Smucker
MVSmucker@xxxxxxx
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________
Message: 4
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:05:50 -0700
From: "George McKovich" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Gold paint for 57 dash instruments and knobs
Mark....
If it is the same as that used on the parking brake and other knobs on the
Chrysler 300C & D, then it is what I recommended to the club about two
years
ago. It is transparent stain used in the making of stained glass lamps etc
by craftmakers and hobbyists. I purchased mine at Michael's which is an
craft supply place here in the west. If you can't find it where you live,
let me know and I will get some for you. Here is a link to some pictures:
http://imageevent.com/idsnowman/supplies
Good luck,
George
http://imageevent.com/idsnowman
57 Chrysler 300C coupe http://www.chrysler300c.com
62 Chrysler 300H coupe
58 Dodge Sweptside pickup http://www.sweptsides.com
59 Dodge Sweptside pickups http://www.sweptsides.com/moresweptsides.htm
-----Original Message-----
From: MVSmucker@xxxxxxx [mailto:MVSmucker@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2003 7:37 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Gold paint for 57 dash instruments and knobs
I am trying to clean up the instrument pods on my '57. In the center of
the
speedometer and other guages is a "cup" that was painted with some sort of
a
gold colored translucent lacquer. Mine is very faded, but I assume it was
to
match the gold lacquered knobs on the parking brake handle, light knobs,
etc.
Is there something one can use to get that look, or reasonably close to
it?
Thanks
Mark Smucker
MVSmucker@xxxxxxx
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For list server instructions, go to
http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________
Message: 5
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 21:50:43 -0500
From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: tach cable now available !
Hi to all,
A very few weeks ago, I sent Steve Charette ( at Imperial Services -
989-652-6309 ) an original tach cable from 300F/G . I have just received
a
perfect reproduction cable back from Steve. He did a really nice job, A-1
!
I know that these cables were being sold by Jeff Carter, but last
conversation with Jeff indicated that he would no longer be able to supply
these, and had run out. Now, thanks to Steve and Imperial Services, we
once
again have a good supplier of these ! http://www.imperialservices.net
Spend a few minutes at Steve's web site. Imperial Services sells many
products applicable to our 300's. Motor mounts, transmission mounts,
other
goodies, and now - TACH CABLES !
Please order from Steve directly. I do not know the pricing on this item,
but, based on the price of his other products , it should be competitive.
300'ly to one and all
John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
<<attachment: winmail.dat>>