      1. Re: '57 Hood letters - C & H needed
           From: paulholm <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. '57 Speedo
           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: '57 Speedo
           From: "Richard Osborne" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. 300 C Carb cleaner.
           From: "Robert Jackson" <jackson4@xxxxxxxxxx>
      5. 6 volt battery
           From: "MGalassi" <C300lover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. trunk lid insulation materials
           From: "MGalassi" <C300lover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: 6 volt battery
           From: "PaddyCaddy ." <paddycaddy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: 6 volt battery
           From: "Terry & Andree Hoeman" <tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. '63 300 Conv. Trunk Lid Hinge Torsion Bar End
           From: mplindahl@xxxxxxx
     10. Re: 6 volt battery
           From: ronbo97@xxxxxxxxx
     11. trunk lid insulation
           From: "Pat Grant" <grant@xxxxxxx>
     12. C300 Front Suspension
           From: SS6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 11:26:16 -0500
   From: paulholm <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: '57 Hood letters - C & H needed

"Vath, Michael J." wrote:

> Good morning & happy almost-Friday.
>
> For low budget-sake I was wondering if anyone had the C and H hood
letters from a '57 - '59 lettercar?

> I bought one complete repro set but was hoping to avoid the need to
purchase a second for the junkyard C....as they're definitely not for a
show car. The remaining  RYSLER  letters attached to my hood are still
quite useable.

> Thought I'd check.  Thanks!

Hay Mike, did you see where someone paid a little over $140.oo
for a used set of letters on e-bay?? (only salvation was that they
included the clips)

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6

Message: 2
   Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:45:47 -0500
   From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: '57 Speedo

At $500 opening bid, and Frank Mitchell as seller, you aren't thinking
about bidding, are you??

Honestly, I have no idea whether the production line OR service parts
"tenths" reading was a black or red numeral.

What say ye, 300 club?

Wayne

  Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 22:50:49 +0200
   From: Philippe COURANT <accf_clb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: about '57 speedo

I've seen a '57 300C speedo on eBay
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1825900061)
and the seller says : (..) This is an assembly line unit, as if
it were service replacement the "TENTHS" numbers would have to be
red (..)
Is it true ? And same property on other speedo ? On my Imperial
the (non working..) speedo has red "tenths".

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible

Message: 3
   Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 13:59:44 -0400
   From: "Richard Osborne" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: '57 Speedo

Hi Group,

The replacement speedometers that came from Chrysler Parts during the
late sixties and into the '80's had the tenths digits in RED. This was a
way of knowing a speedometer had been changed should someone have
forgotten to place the decal in the door jamb that stated the mileage
when the speedometer was changed. (New speedometers read zero mileage).

I do not know when this proceedure began. It well may have gone back to
the '50's. Again, it was a way of telling if the speedometer and mileage
had been changed.

Best regards,

Richard Osborne

  Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 22:50:49 +0200
   From: Philippe COURANT <accf_clb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I've seen a '57 300C speedo on eBay
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1825900061)
and the seller says : (..) This is an assembly line unit, as if
it were service replacement the "TENTHS" numbers would have to be
red (..)
Is it true ? And same property on other speedo ? On my Imperial
the (non working..) speedo has red "tenths".

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible
Buick 58 Roadmaster sedan

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Message: 4
   Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 20:53:01 -0400
   From: "Robert Jackson" <jackson4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 300 C Carb cleaner.

I bought a 300C basket case that the restoration went south after the
original owner was taken to the cleaners by a body shop that filed chapter
7 after big money changed hands.
The front carb had water in at some point.  I could not get it cleaned so
I painted it after putting a rebuild kit in both carbs.  The water had
taken its toll the front carb leaked!
I was forturnate enough to meet Gary Nelson at gwn@delta industries.com
via e-mail. I sent him both carbs which he walnut shell blasted and
updated the carbs according to Chrysler  service notice.  These carb are
better than new.
They are correct in color match base is natural cast iron, the air horn
upper portion is natural aluminum and the main body is zinc(per Wayne
Graefen 1957 Chrysler 300C Handbook).  This is a case without the proper
tools it was better to get Gary to fix it!

Message: 5
   Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 23:20:16 -0700
   From: "MGalassi" <C300lover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 6 volt battery

I know this has limited interest on the list but has anyone found a source
for reliable 6 volt batteries to fit the 55 300? I am tired of replacing
my Powertron Brand with another of the same. The quality is poor.

Message: 6
   Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 23:30:38 -0700
   From: "MGalassi" <C300lover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: trunk lid insulation materials

Hello  so fast again, does anyone know of a source of the trunk lid
insulation that is pinned under the framing structure for the C300?

Message: 7
   Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 02:27:26 -0400
   From: "PaddyCaddy ." <paddycaddy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 6 volt battery

www.antiqueautobattery.com

has never let me down...

Regards,   Sean.

>From: "MGalassi" <C300lover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Chrysler300] 6 volt battery
>Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 23:20:16 -0700
>
>I know this has limited interest on the list but has anyone found a
source
>for reliable 6 volt batteries to fit the 55 300? I am tired of replacing
my
>Powertron Brand with another of the same. The quality is poor.

Message: 8
   Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 05:37:22 -0500
   From: "Terry & Andree Hoeman" <tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Just go to your local farm and home type store.  Country general and TSC
are
locals for us.    Good value for the $.  Generally labeled tractor battery
but don't tell them what its for!!!

> I know this has limited interest on the list but has anyone found a
source
for reliable 6 volt batteries to fit the 55 300? I am tired of replacing
my
Powertron Brand with another of the same. The quality is poor.

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Message: 9
   Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 08:02:39 EDT
   From: mplindahl@xxxxxxx
Subject: '63 300 Conv. Trunk Lid Hinge Torsion Bar End

Hi,

I need the plastic piece that slides over the torsion
bar inside the trunk and provides resistance to
keep the trunk lid open.

I believe the correct part is 2244633 and is called
a "roller".  It was a new part for '63 convertibles,
I believe.

If anyone knows how to get one or two, please let
me know.

Thanks-
Mark Lindahl
'63 300 Conv.

Message: 10
   Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 12:14:11 +0000
   From: ronbo97@xxxxxxxxx

I remember reading a while back that the Mack Truck
folks make a 6v battery that has a serious amount of
cranking amperage.  May be worth looking into...
> I know this has limited interest on the list but has anyone found a
source for
> reliable 6 volt batteries to fit the 55 300? I am tired of replacing my
> Powertron Brand with another of the same. The quality is poor.

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Message: 11
   Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 09:58:36 -0400
   From: "Pat Grant" <grant@xxxxxxx>
Subject: trunk lid insulation

in the same vein , how about hood insulation paddding.

Message: 12
   Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 10:05:35 -0400
   From: SS6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: C300 Front Suspension

Seems like C300 day.  I could use some input from any one who has replaced
the front suspension components.  Specifically, do I need to take it to a
shop to rplace the A-arm pivot shafts/bushings and the knig pins or can I
do it myself??  I have the usual tools but no special tools and no press.
Any inputs would be appreciated.

Steve Speth
ss6@xxxxxxx

**

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.
**