           From: "bevacqua" <tonysru2@xxxxxxx>
           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: "Terry & Andree Hoeman" <tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: crash5194@xxxxxxx
           From: "PaddyCaddy ." <paddycaddy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "thomas powers" <classiccars64@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: LOUISENYLA@xxxxxxx
           From: "Jerry" <mopar-man@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Kelly Pierce" <jkrestor300@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: TNHARKINS@xxxxxxx
     12. RE: Franklin Mint Show - Part 2
           From: TNHARKINS@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 11:32:59 -0700
   From: "bevacqua" <tonysru2@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Turn signal flasher for '56

Hello Fellow Owners,
When I got my '56 a week ago, the turn signal showed a flickering (constant
almost) light both at the four corners as well as the inside indicators,
instead of a definite normal signal. I figured it needed a new flasher, so I
replaced the 550 flasher with same type.  After inserting it, and still
looking at it under the dash, I turned the ignition on and got a spark!!  I
went ahead and put the turn signal lever left and then right, and it worked
like it should, all day.  Two days later (today), I drove the car, and lo
and behold, NO TURN SIGNAL OPERATION WHATSOEVER!!  I am not a mechanic in
any sense of the word, so I'm asking what could have caused this, before
inserting another flasher, and possibly blowing more $$$$$.  Is this Heavy
Duty Flasher #550 (3 prong), 12 Volt correct, in the first place???  This
flasher says to use a 14 amp fuse in input lead.  I don't see a fuse in
line, at all.  This model doesn't have a fuse box, so it must be somewhere
back there, right?
Thank you very much for your help.
Tony

Message: 2