           From: "NOWOSACKI,JOHN (A-USA,ex1)" <john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. John Lazenby - great article !
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Nuptial wheels
           From: Redwoodlse@xxxxxxx
      4. 300C brakes
           From: "Owen & Jo Grigg" <ram300@xxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Article on 300's
           From: Paul Martin <Paul_Martin78@xxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: 300C brakes
           From: "John L. Chesnutt" <chesnutt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:14:31 -0400
   From: "NOWOSACKI,JOHN (A-USA,ex1)" <john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: p/n 1884586

Dear Group,
HELP!
I was lubricating the pivot points on my pride and joy 61 G convert this
weekend when I noticed what appears to be a stress crack/fracture on the
passenger side rear rail 'ear' which holds a pin that connects a bar from
this point to the piston rod of the lift mechanism.  If this description
doesn't make sense, the part number stamped into the piece is 1884586.
This piece has two cast 'ears' , one of which is almost twice as thick
(the
outside) as the other (the inside).
Naturally, the inside ear is the one which holds the pin that goes through
the lever bar and rests in the outer (thicker) ear for support.  The crack
is along the base of the thin ear.  I don't know what this is made of, or
if
it can be heli-arc'd or otherwise strengthened.  I'd like to start the
search now for this convertible top piece before the inevitable happens.
I'm guessing it's the same part for at least 60-62 all C-body, and
hopefully
more years than that.  With the value of these vehicles nowadays, I'm not
sure there is such a thing as a convert parts car, but if anyone knows of
one, I'd sure appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks,
John Nowosacki
G-vert, 62 NYer Wagon, Jensen Interceptor