From: "Jim" <0000093b5b69d73c-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday February 26 2021 4:53:31PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Forward looks in Highway Patrol

The show ran from 55 to 59.  The early episodes that I've seen so far had Olds and Buicks and Mercs usually 56, 57, and 58 models.  I'm only guessing but it seems like when the Forward looks came out whoever was in charge of the show liked them and immediately started using them but you'd still see the olds, buicks and mercs show up.  The outfitting of the cars as police cars seems pretty well done except many of them are two doors which I don't think too many police departments would have actually used.. But they look better and perhaps the same "car guy" who picked the Mopars had a hand in that choice too.  Many of the shots of the cars are really rather extended.. certainly more extended than would be the case today.. maybe just to fill time or maybe because the cars looked so good they wanted to film them.  I watched the show originally when my age was single digits... watching it now I'm impressed with the quality of almost all the scripts, really realistic and far less sappy than many 50's era shows.  Gene Roddenbury, who went on to fame with Star Trek, wrote one of the scripts.  He had been a patrol officer for LAPD, maybe even was at the time.

Jim Delton ¨¨°°¨°°¨Ô¨°°¨°°¨¨